Do you own a local hair salon in Columbia, SC? Have you found yourself to look around it recently only to realize it’s time to really crack down on some tidying up and cleaning around the salon? Look no further! When it comes to cleaning any hair salon, the first thing you’ll need on hand is a quality hair salon cleaning checklist that’s ready to go and help get the job done right. To help ensure your salon is cleaned from top to bottom without a single spot missed, we’ve put together this hair salon cleaning checklist to help you out!
Hair Salon Cleaning Checklist
- Sweep all hair from underneath and around all salon hair stations.
- Seep and mop all floors throughout the entire salon.
- Wipe down and sanitize all salon chairs.
- Windex all salon and hair station mirrors.
- Wipe down and tidy up the reception desk and entire reception area.
- Deep clean and sanitize all hair styling equipment and tools.
- Wipe down and sanitize all tables, counters, and surfaces.
- Windex the front salon shop windows.
- Throw out and empty all trash bins – this should be done daily.
- Replace all paper products throughout the salon daily, this includes, but is not limited to: toilet paper in restrooms, tissue, paper towels, etc.
- Deep clean all restrooms in the salon, this includes, but is not limited to:
- Sweeping and mopping bathroom floors
- Windex bathroom mirrors
- Clean and sanitize all toilets
- Replace all restroom paper products and toiletries: toilet paper, paper towels, soap, etc.
- Wipe down and sanitize ALL bathroom surfaces:
- Sinks, faucets, and faucet handles
- Toilet paper and paper towel dispensers/holders
- Door handles
- Bathroom stalls
- Bathroom counters
- Tidy up the hair salon customer waiting area, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Sweeping and mopping all hard floors
- Vacuuming and cleaning of any area rugs and/or carpet in the waiting area
- Tidying up and stacking neatly all magazines, books, etc. you may have provided to guests while they wait
- Wiping down and sanitizing all chairs, tables, and surfaces in the waiting area
- Dust all salon surfaces.
Although all exact items on a good hair salon cleaning checklist are going to vary slightly from salon to salon, this one should cover a majority of everything and give you a good overall, general list of cleaning tasks to go by. Having a hair salon that not only looks nice, but that’s also kept clean on a consistent, daily basis, is essential to the success of any salon. This is not only important for success, but is also considered more important and vital to the health and safety of your employees, as well as your customers than one would think.
Don’t have the time to clean your salon yourself and could use some help keeping up with it? Contact us! Our professional cleaning staff here at Sparkle and Shine Cleaning Company provides top quality commercial cleaning services to local salons and businesses of all types here in Columbia, SC and all surrounding areas. Get more information, a free quote, plus 10% OFF your first cleaning with us!