Regardless of what type of business it is that you have, as business owners, we all know the extreme importance of maintaining cleanliness in our work and business environments. Two of the most obvious reasons for maintaining cleanliness within your business of course being hygiene and safety, however, what about the other side of it? Have you ever wondered how cleanliness effects your business’ reputation and relationship with customers? Has it ever crossed your mind what customers really think and how they actually feel about it? What many business owners don’t know is the actual extent of how much customers really do care about the levels of cleanliness that are maintained within the business. Without customers, you have no business, and this why utilizing commercial cleaning specialists to handle the maintenance of your business cleanliness is so crucial.
How much do your customers really care about cleanliness? Here are 10 shocking facts and statistics about cleanliness from various customer surveys and reports to answer that question for you. However, brace yourself, as the numbers and findings in these statistics are likely much higher than you anticipate, and are sure to open your eyes up to the importance of hiring a quality, professional staff of commercial cleaning specialists for your business.
10 Statistics on Customers and Cleanliness:
Why Commercial Cleaning Specialists are Important for Your Business
- 9 in 10 customers agree that they’re more likely to have an overall negative opinion of a business if the public spaces (lounges, restrooms, and lobbies, for example) are not clean.
- 94% of people would avoid a business in the future if they encountered dirty restrooms.
- 80% of customers reported in a poll that they’d be willing to try a new space if the exterior was clean and inviting.
- According to Retail News Insider, 93% of customers who switched to a competitor due to unmet cleanliness expectations, would give a retailer a 2nd chance if they made space cleanliness a priority.
- A survey revealed that customers view cleanliness as the most influential element of the shopping environment. In fact, customers rated it the most important among 13 aspects of space atmosphere.
- 99% of US adults reported that poor cleanliness would negatively impact their perception of a business.
- 95% of shoppers reported in a survey unclean restrooms and unpleasant odors would influence shopping decisions, along with dirty floors, spills or stains, dirty shopping carts and other factors.
- 95% of shoppers say that exterior appearance influences where they decide to shop.
- 52% of consumers have avoided businesses purely because the spacefront was dirty.
- No matter what kind of business it is, whether it be a salon, office, hotel, restaurant, or any other type of business, it doesn’t matter how awesome the employees are or how great the service may be. When deciding whether or not to become a repeat customer, it’s how clean and fresh the business is that matters most to 92% of customers.
These 10 statistics are just a few of the many that exist from the various studies and surveys that have been conducted on customers and cleanliness within a business environment. To put it all in perspective, in a survey conducted by P&G Professional, Paul Edmondson, Commercial Director, quoted:
“This survey shows the importance customers place on cleanliness often has a much greater impact than business owners may believe. Cleanliness can actually be a source of revenue through repeat business. It’s easy to feel like cleaning is just a necessary cost of doing business, but it actually can be a money maker,” said Paul Edmondson, Commercial Director, North America, P&G Professional. “No matter how big or small the business, every experience a customer has at a hotel, restaurant, day care facility or office affects their perception and inclination to come back.”
If there was ever anything that would show how important cleanliness actually is for your business’ success, it’s the numbers in these statistics proving how important it is for the people that make your business possible – your customers. Commercial cleaning specialists are a much more important factor within your business than one would think, as they keep you on the positive side of things when it comes to these statistics.
Need a staff of commercial cleaning specialists for your business? Contact us! We’d love to hear from you and answer all your questions, as well as give you a free quote on hiring our team of commercial cleaners. Another added bonus? When you choose Sparkle and Shine Cleaning Company as your team of commercial cleaning specialists, we’ll give you 10% OFF your first cleaning!